At Broughgammon we are all about field to fork farming and that includes being able to butcher our meats at our on-site butchery. During this afternoon course we’ll share everything you need to know about butchering a lamb at home. This is a hands-on course with the following content:
- Knife handling skills and safety talk
- Demonstration of breaking down a full lamb carcass, the different cuts that can be acquired and questions as we go.
- Break for tea.
- Each of you will then be provided a half lamb to break down yourselves under our guidance. (This is your’s to take home at the end of the class and takes up the same amount of freezer space as four loaves of bread).
- Closing questions, and sharing of useful resources and suppliers.
Time: 1.30-5 pm
Location: Broughgammon Farm, 50 Straid Road, Ballycastle, Co.Antrim BT546NP
Cost: £175 incl. half lamb for freezer and complimentary boning knife.
- Sunday 21st May 2017
- Sunday 28th January 2018
- Sunday 25th February 2018